Broken:


Broken hearts in which we dwell.
Lost souls dictated by hate.
Can you help me out of this hell?

Such darkness, 
it does consume,
a waking dreams blessing
too weak to keep

Thrown away or left in ruins
take your pick my dearest
hold out for the win
for the devil defends his demons well 

A love, a hate, a brother, a soul,
tenor words always placating
down here darling, 
they hold no meaning

Consume your all
Leave you broken
Unblended fire spreads

woven threads of ones reality tare
a shame that such a proclaimed beauty 
was lost to harsh warfare, forever

Stolen.

Comments

  1. Very nicely penned Anna! That was a nice read!

    This is me, Duncan D. Horne, visiting you from the A-Z challenge, wishing you all the best throughout April and beyond.

    Duncan In Kuantan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear you say it was nicely penned; I have been working on making my poems more fluid.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts